Previously she taught in School of Computing, National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore in the same area. She received her BSc. (1992) in Business Administration (concentration: Statistics) from Chulalongkorn University and M.Sc.(1995) and Ph.D. degree (2000) in Information Science from the University of Pittsburgh, USA.
Her primary research interests include Social Interaction in Teamwork, Transactive Memory in Knowledge Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, and E-Learning. Her research has appeared in Journal of American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST), Computer in Human Behavior, as well as numerous international, national and regional conference proceedings. She has been a guest speaker and panel discussion in the area of Teamwork and Leadership, Reorganizing IT for Competitiveness, IT in Education, and The Cooperation among Asian-Pacific Countries for IT Technology and Education at many prestigious institutions. She also serves on the Editorial Board of Information & Management Journal.
- Ractham, V. V., & Srisamran, P. (2018). Effects of knowledge articulation and self-reflection on team performance. Knowledge Management & ELearning, Vol. 10(2), p. 177–195.
- Arijitsatien, C., & Vathanophas Ractham,V. (2017). The Effects of Knowledge Creation Process upon the Organizational Performance: A Study of Thai Banking Industry, International Journal of Culture and History, Vol. 3(4), p. 236-242.
- Chirawattanakij. S., & Vathanophas Ractham, V. (2016). Enhancing knowledge adoption with recipients' characteristics, Journal of Management Development, Vol. 35(1), p.38-57.
- Vathanophas Ractham, V., & Chirawattanakij, S. (2016). How to Uncover Virtual Earplugs for Knowledge Sharing, International Journal of Information Science and Management, Vol.14(1), p.57-72.
- Pipatanantakurn, K., & Vathanophas Ractham, V. (2016). Knowledge Creation Aiding Family Business Succession Plan, International Journal of Business and Management Science, Vol.6(1), p.63-84.